Coronavirus (CoV) is a family of viruses which makes human sick, and this illness can range from mild cold to organ failure. Like other coronaviruses, it has come from animals. Many of those initially infected either worked or frequently shopped in the Huanan seafood wholesale market in the centre of the Chinese city, which also sold live and newly slaughtered animals. This virus causes pneumonia and the infected people suffer cough, breathing problems and fever, and in worst cases it can result in organ failure. The immunity of the people is the only thing that can help them fight this virus.
This virus (called as Novel coronavirus) first came into news from Wuhan (China) and then several news of infected people came. This got severe when people started dying due to this.
2019 novel coronavirus causes viral pneumonia, with symptoms including:
- Shortness of breath
- In rare cases, it can lead to severe respiratory problems, kidney failure or death.
Only a laboratory test can confirm the presence of this virus as normal physical test cannot differentiate between mild cold and the virus.
As of now there is no official treatment or vaccine for this virus, however as this virus is targeting pure immunity people, only support system for different organs can help.
How severe is the virus?
As of now nearly 500 life have been claimed by this virus, so it is dangerous for human health.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay home when you are sick
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects people frequently touch
- If possible, avoid meat, chicken or any other non veg food as it is believed it came from animal.