Train 18 is a Indian Train that has been made under Make in India campaign in Integral coach factory Chennai. It is a semi high speed intercity train which means it is not for very long distances. This train is successor of the Shatabdi Express. The train was named as Train 18 as it was launched in 2018.
Here are some facts related to it
- This is made under Make in India campaign.
- It was completed within 18 months.
- It costed only 100 Crore to build such one unit of train.
- It was renamed as Vande Bharat Express in 27 January 2019.
- Its capacity is 1128 passengers.
- It will run between Delhi and Varanasi via Prayagraj.
- It has driver coach at each end of train.
- It has 16 coaches.
- Centre 2 coaches are first class with 52 seats each and rest all are coaches with 78 seats each.
- Next 2 units will incorporate sleeper coaches.
- The speed of the Train 18:
12. Initially it is planned for 2 routes
Image Source : Wikipedia