- Birth of Lord Shiva :-
- Once Lord Brahma and Vishnu were debating who among them was the most powerful.
- Suddenly, a tremendous pillar of light pierces through the universe and its roots and branches extended beyond earth and sky.
- Brahma turns into a goose and Climbs the branches seeking its end. Vishnu at the same time turns into a wild boar and digs deep into the earth looking for an end to the roots of pillar
- Both of them return after 5000 years without an end in sight . That is when they see Shiva rise from an opening in the pillar.
- Accepting that he is most powerful, they make him the third power who rules the universe.
2. Blue Body of Lord Shiva :-
- It is said that blue color of lord Shiva’s body was because of his consumption of the most fatal poison.
- There was a war between God’s and demon’s which also churned out poison from the Ocean.
- The poison was deadly enough to gallop the entire world as a result of lord Shiva drank and stored in his throat.
- Which turns him blue, it was that powerful.
3. Lord Shiva Vehicle :-
- The story behind Nandi, the vehicle of lord Shiva is lesser known by the people. It is believed that Surabhi, the mother of all cows gave birth to a large number of perfectly white cows.
- These cows produced milk in very large quantities. As a result, this flooded kailash and disturbed meditating Shiva.
- The raged lord opened his third eye and some of the cow turned brown and stopped giving milk.
- To calm him down other gods gifted him a magnificent and powerful bull, Nandi.
4. Tryambaka Deva :-
- Lord shiva is known to be the enlightened one. Tryambaka deva means the “Three eyed lord”.
- Shiva has a third eye which opens only to kill or cause destruction.
- Shiva is said to have burnt kama, the lord of desire to ashes with his third eye.
5. Height of Lord Shiva :-
- It is believed that lord Shiva was really muscular and strong. His height was around seven feet approx and he wore minimal clothes made of the skin of dead animals.
- He never killed animals to make his attire he used the skin of already dead animals and roamed the mount kailash in utmost glory and calmness at the same time.