1. People with high levels of testosterone get pleasure from the anger of others.
2. People with low self-esteem tend to humiliate others.Subjects who were told that the results of their IQ test were poor expressed more national and religious prejudices, than those who reported higher results.
3. People sincerely believe that their negative opinions about others are truthful and have no connection with them and their self-confidence. In fact, the humiliation of others helps them restore their own self-esteem.
4. The behavior of people is affected by bodily sensations.For example, there is a strong association between heaviness and
such features as “importance” and “seriousness”. A person is assessed as more serious and sustained, if his CV was applied in a heavy folder, and vice versa.
5. Similarly, the feeling of rigidity and hardness makes people inflexible. People sitting on hard chairs were more uncompromising in the negotiations. Feeling a rough surface causes in people a sense of the complexity of human relations, and cold is tightly connected with the feeling of loneliness.
6. People tend to commit immoral actsor do not fulfill someone’s request for help, if no effort is needed and they do not have to refuse a person directly.
7. However, more people behave “as expected” if they have to take a moral decision in front of someone.
8. Lying requires a lot of mental effort. A person who is lying has to keep in mind at the same time the lie – that it to say, and the truth – in order to hide it. As a result, he uses simple sentences and finds it more difficult to cope with mental tasks.
9. When people are being watched, they behave better.And the illusion of being watched works, too. It was enough to hang a picture of human eyes in a self-service cafeteria, so that more people began to collect their dishes.
10. Behavior affects morality. People who lied, betrayed someone or committed other immoral act begin to perceive what is good or bad in another way.